Ep 182: Hannah Hutson On Being A Kettlebell Badass & Seattle Hiking
Topic: We talk about our passion for kettlebells and how to get stronger, fitter and healthier. Plus the best views and hikes around Seattle.
Who Is Hannah Hutson?
Hannah Huston is a Strong First certifed kettlebell coach (Level 1 & Level 2), fitness enthusiast and co-owner of Belltown Strength & Conditioning in Seattle, Washington.
This woman is STRONG and her energy for lifting and completing tough kettlebell flows is contagious.
Thanks to Instagram, I was introduced to Hannah and now I’m honored to introduce her to you (if you haven’t heard of her already).
Aside from what she can do in the gym, she also lives her fitness. Hiking to amazing lakes and breathtaking views on some of the most beautiful mountains in Washington.
Chatting with Hannah was easy because we have so much in common and I think you will enjoy her drive, passion and knowledge.
Turning To Kettlebells After Crossfit:
- Hannah shares her coming to kettlebell story. We all have one! What led her to walk away from pursuing being a Crossfit athlete to becoming a kettlebell coach and gym owner.
- Why kettlebells? Because the intensity and load was too much for the long haul for Hannah. She wanted something that allowed her to be strong, build lean muscle, improve endurance and become a more confident athlete without tearing the body down. She wanted to be fit for life.
- What it takes to become an Iron Maiden and training tips! The Iron Maidan is a title in the Strong First community given to a select few who pass a strength test of: strict pull-up, pistol squat and strict press… all with a 24Kg kettlebell.
- To obtain the press, Hannah shared her training tactic. 3 days of focused work, one day heavy, one day medium, one day lift with a 5-4-3-2-1 rep scheme without putting the kettlebell down. Repeat for 5 rounds. (I did this twice this week and love it!)
- Short on time and need a workout? Hannah’s favorite go to is Simple & Sinister. A kettlebell staple that includes 10 rounds of 10 swings & 1 Turkish get-up (alternate sides each round).
- Working out doesn’t have to be the same month after month. During the summer, Hannah hangs out less in the gym and more on the trails soaking up as much Vit D as possible.
- Don’t feel guilty for changing focus in regards to what’s going on in life. Some months you’ll want to lift more, other months you might find yourself craving more endurance or adventure. One prepares you for the other. Go with it.
- The best hikes in/around Seattle? Mt Saint Helens, Aasgard Pass, and others!
- On normal days, Hannah sticks to tracking her macros and likes the flexibility. She might enjoy popcorn or ice cream, but plans it out before hand to stick to her nutritional goals.
- Hiking takes up a lot of energy and time, on adventure days she packs carbohydrate heavy snacks and meals like PB&J (my fav hiking food too), trail mix, and snack bars for fast energy.
Connect With Hannah:
Are You Ready To Find Balance With Your Workouts?
Do you know what I love about Hannah?
She gets it.
She understands balance with life and fitness. She enjoys her workouts in the gym but knows it’s more than how much weight you can lift on the bar. It’s using that fitness to live a full and happy life!
A life of living your fitness and building strength and endurance to have fun.
This is why I created Fit Women’s Weekly.
I wanted women to have access to workouts that gave them a serious cardio burn… but also built strength and muscle at the same time.
I wanted women to learn how to workout with more consistency…
How to boost intensity…
And build a fitness habit that automatically shaped your version of the ultimate body.
Come try some of my workouts for FREE.
I created a Reset program for both bodyweight and dumbbell workouts… as well as kettlebell workouts. (The kettlebell workouts are a little more advanced.)
Click here and you can sign up for free!
You’ll get 5 workouts and some coaching on how to start with the right mindset… and how to design the right goals.
When you train with me… you’ll never have to be on the results roller coaster again.